HCPSL PRESS RELEASE
Dear Herbert canefarmers,
HCPSL is seeking access to grower farm data at allow our company to provide services to your business now and into the future. Below is a Wilmar information sheet, why data consent is being sought and the management of your data in relation to privacy and confidentiality.
Please take the time to read through the Wilmar document. Each grower will be required to actively Opt In to provide HCPSL data.
What are some of the activities that HCPSL uses grower data for?
- Enable farm productivity analysis studies.
- Access grower farm maps to enable HCPSL to undertake activities like RSD testing.
- Access grower farm maps to enable biosecurity activities to occur during pest and disease incursions.
- Allow HCPSL to maintain permits for industry to rat bait.
- Attract funding to maintain the Hinchinbrook Community Feral Pig Management Program.
- Support the industry in times of natural disasters.
- Attract funding to maintain and operate extension services required by industry.
- Defend the industries right to farm.
The Opt In is voluntary and at any time you can Opt Out if you wish to do so.
HCPSL takes data management seriously, to ensure that your confidentiality and privacy is not compromised in anyway. HCPSL is required to manage your data appropriately under the Privacy Act (1998) and has its own systems in place to protect your data.
Please follow the directions provided on the Wilmar information sheet on how to actively Opt In to provide HCPSL and other industry providers your consent to access your farm data and maps.
If you are not sure how to actively Opt In via the Wilmar website, HCPSL administration staff will be able to assist you by coming into the HCPSL office between 7am-3pm Monday to Friday. Remember you will need to bring with you your username and password to the Wilmar website, so that the HCPSL staff can assist you navigate the website to allow you to actively Opt In.
If you have any further questions pertaining to HCPSL accessing your data or data protection, please contact:
Lawrence Di Bella
HCPSL Company Manager on: