Agricultural Services for the cane industry
Herbert Cane Productivity Services Limited (HCPSL) is a non-for-profit company limited by guarantee which is jointly funded by Herbert River sugarcane grower and Wilmar Sugar.
Membership of the company is voluntary to only those sugarcane related businesses who operate within the Herbert River district.
Our core business focuses on the 3 core principles of farming- Productivity, Profitability and Sustainability. Our professional multi-disciplinary staff teamwork with industry in the following business areas:
- Pest and disease management.
- Variety distribution and management.
- Nutrition advice.
- Weed management.
- Drainage advice.
- Harvesting systems.
- Farming systems.
- Rotational cropping.
- Environmental management systems.
- Education and training.
HCPSL offers both core services and fee for service activities to its members and external funded groups.
HCPSL is here to drive the Herbert River sugarcane industry and Hinchinbrook Shire region forward.
- Christmas Holiday AvailabilityFrom the team here at The Herbert Cane Productivity Services we would like to wish the growers of The Herbert Region a “Merry Christmas and a Safe New Year for 2022”! Over the Holiday Period Read more…
- The Project CaNE Team brings soil properties Back to Basics.Last week, Project CaNE and Dr Andrew Wood delivered a series of 3 workshops across the district. The workshops covered key soil properties including – soil texture, soil CEC, pH, liming, Organic Carbon and Nitrogen. Read more…
- Project Catalyst: Grower Support Program now OPEN for 2022!Herbert growers are invited to express their interest in Project Catalyst’s Practice Change and Grower Support Program in 2022. This program offers growers a chance to be involved with innovative practices, agronomic advice, demonstration trials Read more…