Agricultural Services for the cane industry
Herbert Cane Productivity Services Limited (HCPSL) is a non-for-profit company limited by guarantee which is jointly funded by Herbert River sugarcane growers and Wilmar Sugar.
Membership of the company is voluntary to only those sugarcane related businesses who operate within the Herbert River district.
Our core business focuses on the 3 core principles of farming- Productivity, Profitability and Sustainability. Our professional multi-disciplinary staff teamwork with industry in the following business areas:
- Pest and disease management.
- Variety distribution and management.
- Nutrition advice.
- Weed management.
- Drainage advice.
- Harvesting systems.
- Farming systems.
- Rotational cropping.
- Environmental management systems.
- Education and training.
HCPSL offers both core services and fee for service activities to its members and external funded groups.
HCPSL is here to drive the Herbert River sugarcane industry and Hinchinbrook Shire region forward.
- Press Release: PERMIT GRANTED TO USE RATOFF® FROM HELICOPTER OR DRONEHCPSL was notified by CANEGROWERS on the 1st of December 2022 that the Permit to Allow minor use of a registered Agvet Chemical Product for the control of Australian Native Ground rats in lodged sugarcane Read more…
- Press release: DEAD LEAVES IN SRA36 – NO CAUSE FOR CONCERNIn the past week you may have noticed dead leaves in your young SRA36 cane crops. Dr. Rob Magarey (SRA Pathologist), HCPSL Company Manager- Lawrence Di Bella, SRA plant breeding team members Dr. Fengduo Hu, Read more…
- Wanting to know more on mud?Herbert grower, Andrew Irvin explains how applying mud has been beneficial on his farm. Interested to know if mill by-products have a fit on you farm? Contact HCPSL on (07) 4776 1808 to speak to Read more…