Agricultural Services for the cane industry
Herbert Cane Productivity Services Limited (HCPSL) is a non-for-profit company limited by guarantee which is jointly funded by Herbert River sugarcane growers and Wilmar Sugar.
Membership of the company is voluntary to only those sugarcane related businesses who operate within the Herbert River district.
Our core business focuses on the 3 core principles of farming- Productivity, Profitability and Sustainability. Our professional multi-disciplinary staff teamwork with industry in the following business areas:
- Pest and disease management.
- Variety distribution and management.
- Nutrition advice.
- Weed management.
- Drainage advice.
- Harvesting systems.
- Farming systems.
- Rotational cropping.
- Environmental management systems.
- Education and training.
HCPSL offers both core services and fee for service activities to its members and external funded groups.
HCPSL is here to drive the Herbert River sugarcane industry and Hinchinbrook Shire region forward.
- EARLY CCS SAMPLING AT HCPSL – 2022Dear Growers, HCPSL is offering growers the opportunity to undertake early CCS sampling of commercial cane fields for 2022. Growers will need to undertake the following: Collect 8 stalks representative of the cane field. Stalks Read more…
- Project CaNE Electronic Record Keeping Tool and Fertiliser Rate & Price Comparison ToolThis year along with a CaNE Plan, Project CaNE growers will have the opportunity to utilise both an Electronic Record Keeping Tool and a Fertiliser Rate & Price Comparison Tool. The project team hope Read more…
- CULTIVATE FARMS – Cultivator Investment Ready ProgramOur friends at Cultivate Farms are changing the game for farmers ready to realise their farm ownership dreams. Now open for applications, the Cultivator Investment ready program gets farmers ownership and farm investment-ready. Participants will Read more…