Agricultural Services for the cane industry
Herbert Cane Productivity Services Limited (HCPSL) is a non-for-profit company limited by guarantee which is jointly funded by Herbert River sugarcane growers and Wilmar Sugar.
Membership of the company is voluntary to only those sugarcane related businesses who operate within the Herbert River district.
Our core business focuses on the 3 core principles of farming- Productivity, Profitability and Sustainability. Our professional multi-disciplinary staff teamwork with industry in the following business areas:
- Pest and disease management.
- Variety distribution and management.
- Nutrition advice.
- Weed management.
- Drainage advice.
- Harvesting systems.
- Farming systems.
- Rotational cropping.
- Environmental management systems.
- Education and training.
HCPSL offers both core services and fee for service activities to its members and external funded groups.
HCPSL is here to drive the Herbert River sugarcane industry and Hinchinbrook Shire region forward.
- PRESS RELEASE: JCU student is working with HCPSL to try identifying RSD using satellite technologyEthan’s Story: My name is Ethan Waters, I am in my 4th year for a double bachelor’s in electrical engineering and data science. I am currently conducting my honours thesis with the goal of detecting Read more…
- Soil Microbiome Workshop with Dr. Christine JonesActivating your soil microbiome workshop, with Dr Christine Jones About this event Join Dr Christine Jones as she explains the impacts of inorganic NPK on the soil microbiome and discusses the actions farmers can take Read more…
- Back to Basics – Episode 4: What is soil pH?Back to Basics Virtual Series Episode 4: What is pH? In this week’s Back to Basics video, HCPSL Extension Agronomist Adam Royle chats about soil pH. Throughout the video Adam unpacks what causes low soil Read more…