Position: Extension Agronomist – defined contract period
Reports to: The HCPSL Manager, with guidance from the HCPSL Technical Services Team Leader.
- Be responsible for extension activities (extension provision, data collation and reporting) associated with the HCPSL led Consortium project.
- Undertake reporting (both written and verbal) of activities undertaken under the HCPSL led Consortium project to the Manager and associated team members.
- To provide crop nutrition, agronomy, variety management, harvesting, drainage, weed management, pest and disease services and advice to the local cane industry and the Australian cane industry, through various extension processes.
- Facilitate or assist with the co-ordination and delivery of information through group extension and training courses.
- Undertake geo-spatial analysis of data that is held by HCPSL and its partners to assist in driving productivity and extension activities that align with the HCPSL Strategic Plan and HCPSL led consortium project.
- Develop Best Management Practices (BMP) for the cane industry.
How to apply
Applicants can obtain the selection criteria and PD by emailing email@example.com or by collecting the information from the HCPSL office at 181 Fairford- Abergowrie Road, Ingham, Queensland.
Applications must be submitted to:
The HCPSL Manager
PO Box 135
Ingham QLD 4850
Or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Close of applications:
12pm on Friday the 2nd of October 2021.
If you are unsuitable for the position above but you’re still interested in working for us, please email your resume to email@example.com