HCPSL Walk & Talk 2022
On the 9th of March, HCPSL held the annual Walk & Talk Day for 2022. Over 120 growers from across the Herbert district attended the event. Growers had the opportunity to gain knowledge and understanding on a range of topics including – fallow crops, new varieties, tissue culture, chemicals, and harvester management.
The HCPSL Team would like to say thank you to all growers who attended, asked questions, shared experiences, and participated in open discussions throughout the day.
HCPSL would also like to extend our thanks to the sponsors and supporting organisations of the 2022 Walk & Talk Day – Sugar Research Australia, Stoller, Nufarm, Project CaNE, Project Catalyst, The Australian Government Reef Trust, GBRF, John Deere and Norris.
Following the Walk & Talk, HCPSL held the annual Industry Awards. The awards recognise grower’s commitment to productivity, innovation, research, and the boarder industry. HCPSL is proud to announce the award recipients below.
- Grower of the Year (Sponsored by Wilmar) – Ian Kemp
- Young Grower of the Year (Sponsored by Wilmar) – Jeffery, Briannan and Rebekah Pace
- Mangrove Jack Award (Sponsored by Herbert River Catchment Group) – John Pavetto
- Harvesting Efficiency Award (Sponsored by SRA) – Celotto Harvesting
- Innovation Award (Sponsored by Rabobank) – Mizzi Farming
- Farm Presentation for Harvesting Award (Sponsored by Honeycombs) – Walter Giordani
- Improved Farm Layout Award (Sponsored by Canegrowers Herbert River) – Remo & Gino Zatta
- Consistent High Productivity (Sponsored by QSL) – Glen Irlam, Beeva Nominees Pty Ltd, Pace Farming, Russo Farming and Glen Cristaudo.
- R&D On-farm Co-operation (Sponsored by HCPSL) – Abergowrie Sugar, Beeva Nominees Pty Ltd, P Dametto, G & T Erkkila and Wilmar Sugar.
- Lifetime Achievement Award (Sponsored by HCPSL) – Jo Stringer, Joe & Gerry Girgenti, Ian Kemp and Lex Mackee.