Soil to Food Conference 3-4 June 2023
Interest in soil health has been gathering momentum within the Wet Tropics farming community for the past decade. This event is an opportunity for farmers and the agricultural industry to connect with each other and share ideas and innovations that support healthy soil leading to healthy people and profits.
- Dr Christine Jones – internationally renowned soil scientist
- Dr Andre Leu – International Director of Regeneration International
- Grant Sims – 2015 Coles Weekly Times Farmer of the Year and President of the Victorian No Till Farmers Association
- Niels Olsen – inventor of the SoilKee renovator and first Australian farmer to receive ACCU’s
- Gillian Sanbrook – ecological beef producer from Bibbaringa in NSW
- A range of local producers.
Topics on the agenda include:
- Multi-functional benefits of soil health
- Transitioning to lower inputs
- Cover cropping
- Integrating animal systems for pasture restoration and broadacre cropping
- High value produce – farmers as price makers, not price takers
- Ingredients for success – farmers sharing stories
- Emerging opportunities
- Dates: 3-4 June 2023
- Venue: The Sunflower Farm, 6 Dawson Rd, Atherton
- Tickets: $110
- Fully catered including a ‘spit roast dinner under the stars’ using locally produced ingredients
The event is delivered by Terrain NRM through funding from the Australian Government’s National Landcare Program. It is also supported by Wet Tropics SoilCare, TNQ Drought Hub, Sustainable Table, Regeneration International, Lower Wet Tropics SoilCare, Tropical Pasture Seeds, Cairns Micro Greens, Eco Bananas, Skybury and Mungalli Biodynamics.