Cane to Creek 2.0
- Overall objective is to reduce nitrogen and phosphorus runoff to improve water quality.
- To build industry knowledge linking farming practices and water quality in Great Barrier Reef priority areas.
- Increase adoption of improved practices which improve productivity, profitability, and sustainability.
- Connect growers to their local waterways and demonstrate practice change for improved water quality.
- Sub-catchment creek monitoring
- In-field Demonstrations
- Support Nutrient Management Planning
- Targeted Training
- Small Grower Meetings with Cane Changer
Sub-catchment Creek Sites
- Understanding the interactions between farming practices and water quality is essential.
- Nitrogen runoff can be altered by practice change whilst maintaining profitability and practicality.
SRA to build industry knowledge on interactions between on-farm practice and water quality in priority Great Barrier Reef catchments: SRA Link